Develop Your Voice by Doing Podcasts
Ok now we know we can accomplish just as much with our phones as we can with our laptop, video camera and DSLR all combined. It is time to look at developing your voice, your brand’s personality, so you can be heard or found by others.
If you are camera shy or just don’t have the time and energy to edit videos the next best thing is to create a podcast.
Here’s what you need to get set up (click here to watch video from Lavendaire):
- Get a decent microphone or just use the mic on your phone. (Be careful of your surroundings, your room might cause an echo or your voice might get muffled if you have too much furniture.)
- You’ll need sound editing software, personally, I like to use Audacity (download here) but there are other software and platforms out there for you to choose from.
- Where will you store your audio file? Well, SoundCloud is a good one or you can save it directly to your WordPress site.
- Ok now that is setup where will you be hosting your Podcast? Well, there’s iTunes (click here to learn how to submit a podcast to iTunes) & Google Play
- To submit your podcast (audio) from your website, use Blubrry Power Press
Condenser USB Mics: Plugs directly into your laptop through USB
If you struggle with coming up with what to talk about, feel free to message me or comment below.